High performance cars and sports cars are some of the cars that need dual exhaust systems. Many people prefer buying cars with dual exhausts while the others prefer to modify the original exhaust depending upon their needs.
However, car owners should be aware of the benefits that these dual exhausts might possibly offer them. There is a lot to understand on the actual purpose of dual exhaust systems for cars and can be understood as follows:
- The actual exhaust system helps the engine work more efficiently. However, the vehicles with two exhaust pipes would help the engine get rid of the gases directly during the combustion process. With a dual system the exhausts come out of the engine very fast thus eliminating any pressure that the exhaust puts on the engine. Engines are much more efficient with the dual exhaust systems for cars.
- The vehicles would also witness more power and fuel efficiency. Apart from pushing out exhausts, the exhaust system would add power to the vehicle. Vehicles would hit good speed with less effort thus ensuring fuel economy.
- The dual pipes also produce an additional sound. The flow of gases happens through both the pipes thus making the sounds easily audible.
- The entire system must be replaced right from the manifold to a tail pipe whenever the exhaust systems are being replaced to dual exhaust systems for cars.
- These dual exhaust systems are also used in turbo diesel engines that have a single big channel. This is an alternative to increase the speed. However, a single exhaust system would also suffice.
- The evacuation that is produced acts as a major difference between the dual exhaust systems and the single exhaust systems. Two pipes can evacuate more exhaust.
There are two different types of dual exhaust systems for cars such as the True-Dual and Split-Dual systems. The True-Dual exhaust systems include dual catalytic converters, dual exhaust pipes and dual mufflers.
The Split-Dual exhaust systems have one catalytic converter, two exhaust pipes and a single muffler. These dual exhaust systems have the ability to increase the engine power, reduce engine noise and use fuel more efficiently.
Vehicles are equipped by either single or dual exhausts. The responsibility of an exhaust is to carry the burned gases out of the engine through the exhaust pipes. Benefits of dual exhaust systems for cars:
- Increased torque and horsepower – Vehicles with dual exhausts are more powerful when compared to similar vehicles with single exhausts. This system is capable of rapid excretion of exhaust gases during the combustion process. The backpressure is reduced and the horsepower is increased.
- Fuel efficiency – A vehicle with dual exhaust would have a greater fuel mileage when compared to vehicles with single exhaust. Reduction in wastage of engine power is one of the major benefits. The engines run smoothly, efficiently and effortlessly.
- Controlled engine temperature – The dual exhaust systems for cars ensure that the engine runs cooler thus ensuring a longer engine life. The engines in these vehicles are seen functioning at their best when compared to other vehicles.
For many, driving on vehicles with dual exhausts systems is definitely a great experience. This is because of the powerful and efficient engine performance. Check here info about Magnaflow Exhaust System and Exhaust Custom Kits.